Queer Women in Leadership (QWiL) Formerly known as Women's Alliance for Leadership (WAL) is a non-profit corporation in the state of Texas. WAL began in Dallas, TX on August 6, 2010 to provide women in the LGBT community with an opportunity to connect and get involved in a professional setting. WAL has been successfully organizing events and monthly meetings where speakers are invited to discuss and present on various topics since 2010. On January 2013 WAL obtained the 501 (c) (3) exemption from the IRS, and WAL is currently in the process of fundraising for our scholarship program and the leadership seminar. To learn more about WAL please contact us.
Our Mission - Vision - Values
Our Mission is to empower women of the LGBTQ community and their allies through community education, career development, and advanced leadership skills in a diversified, progressive and dynamic environment.
Our vision is to become a premier leadership organization that connects and empowers LGBTQ women to advance into positions of influence in all industries in an effort to promote diversity, equal representation, and halt discrimination.
- we are devoted to developing the leaders of tomorrow by providing
access to resources to develop organizational and leadership skills.
- we embrace women of every race, color, age, ethnicity, sexual
orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age and
- Equality - we believe in equal opportunity for women in all areas and industries.
- we are committed to contributing to our members professional
development through mentoring, networking and educational programming.
- we strive to provide women with the tools and the support to be
successful in their professional and personal lives.
- Commitment - we are devoted to providing high level service to our members and community.
- Advocacy - we support the equal rights and encourage civic engagement for women’s issues.